Thursday, March 18, 2010

Well, life on the farm is kind of laid back...

...there ain't much an ol' country girl like Bonnie can't hack!

Hello out there! It has been awhile since I've blogged. Can't believe March is two-thirds over already. Don't you just love Springtime? Or at least this last little part of winter is here, but Spring is so close that you are just giddy anyway. The first few daffodils are out, the sun has made an appearance, and the temperature has surpassed 60 degrees-an even bigger blessing this year!

We have been on Spring Break this week, and Bonnie and I have had a big time with Grandma and Pappaw visiting Pap in North Carolina. I have always loved going to visit our family in North Carolina. I have so many great memories of playing with all my cousins growing up. We were always up to something. I love getting field peas with lunch, a treat from Sherry's Bakery, and still playing kickball every year with my cousins. Plus, I love spending time with my Pap. He's just a cool guy. I loved him as a child, but really enjoy his company as an adult. He's so funny! And, I am really proud of him. He had surgery recently, and he has worked so hard in therapy to regain his strength and mobility. It was a great thing to see, especially since he wasn't doing all that great last time I saw him at Thanksgiving. He is doing so much better, and we are all so grateful.

I think Bonnie also enjoys the Greater Benson/Newton Grove area as well, and will probably grow to love it just as much as me. Here are some photos from her adventure this trip:

Eating breakfast at Triangle Waffle-Pap's a regular for breakfast, so everyone already knew she was coming. They all had a fit over her!
Going for a golf cart ride

Watching her pup run around like a crazy dog-having a ball. She knows EVERY mudhole in Meadow, I'm convinced. She is pretty good about washing off in the pond anyway. Besides, she hardly ever wants to come in while we're there. She lays under the carport and waits for someone to drive up to throw her ball for her.


Bonnie and Pappaw feeding the fish



She's demonstrating how to use Pap's walker in this one.




Checking on the goats-yep, they're still in there!






No comments:

Post a Comment